Got frustrated with your blunt chainsaw? Yes, you need to be because it is simply impossible to cut a tree with a chainsaw that has a dull blade. With a sharp a chainsaw your cutting work will get fast and you can do it safely. It is normal to get a blunt blade after frequent use. Here you will learn about how to sharpen a chainsaw in different steps. Make sure to make yourself keep safe while you are in the sharpening process. Now let’s check the ways of sharpening the chainsaw in the simple and easiest way.
Chainsaw sharpening tips and tricks:
With a sharp chainsaw, your time and effort will get a boost while working. But make sure to take safety precaution before sharpening. There are many ways to sharpen your chainsaw, here you will find the highly popular one. Enjoy:
- Before going for sharpening process check the size of the chainsaw. Now you have to check the file of the chainsaw or grindstone, make sure it matches. You will find different size of teeth of chainsaw. Check the size and pick the perfect diameter of the saw you have.
- When you take the chainsaw, make sure to clean it properly. If you use degreasing detergent or spirits, it will help you to remove debris, dirt and oil from the chainsaw. But don’t over clean the chainsaw. It may cause damage of other parts of the chainsaw.
- You have to check the chainsaw teeth whether they are broken, bent or chipped. Because it may cause difficulties when you are sharpening it. So avoid sharpening when your chainsaw is defected.
- Keep the saw in a flat surface. Make sure it is stable. It is for safety and perfect filling. You can also use a bar to do the process. It will allow you to hold and rotate the chain easily while sharpening.
- Start from the starting point and choose leading cutter for it. As it is the shortest among all the parts than it makes your start easy. If your chainsaw has same length part than you can start from anywhere. You have to use same file cutter of same length. It will help you to the sharp in the same amount. Just remember your starting point.
- In the cutter front you have to set the file properly. There is an angled tooth of the chain link. So you have to make sure the file has to fit in the curve. This will allow you to sharpen the chainsaw properly.
- When you started your sharpening process, hold the cutting file in the same angle of the cutter ground. The standard angle is 25-30 degree.
- To remove the extra metal chip while sharpening, you have to slide the file across from the cutter face. This is called twisted motion. There are many ways to push and remove the file. The best option is starting from short point from long point. This practice helps to give a smooth cutting exterior.
- Don’t miss any tooth while sharpening. Use your hand to make the sharpening process more effective.
- When you are done with one side, reverse the side of the saw and sharp it. Just be careful with the cutter top length. It is important while sharpening.
- Make sure to check the link between curve hook shape and deep gauge. You have to clear the wood among every pass. You can use a special tool to make the clearance safe and fast.
- You can use a bastard file for a high cutter. But you cannot use it in any defective chain.
- When you are done with sharpening make sure to use oil to let you cut once again with full swing.
Chainsaw sharpening tips:
- Protect the chainsaw blade with an insulation that is pipe and foam.
- Try to avoid the kickback zone.
- A safety gear is a must while sharpening the chainsaw.
A chainsaw is a must-have tool for tree cutter. Those who work with timber have to use this tool. So it is obvious that you have to own the sharpest chainsaw to make your work easy and fast. With a dull blade, it is impossible and dangerous to work with. So to make your chainsaw sharp you have to know how to sharpen a chainsaw. Without knowing it will be hard for you sharp the blade easily. Before all, you have to take safety procedure before going for sharpening a chainsaw because you will not know what danger you may face during the process. So make your work easy and fast with a sharp chainsaw in your hand.